Which is wonder???
The Leaning Tower of Pisa
known worldwide for its unintended tilt to one side. The tower's tilt began during construction, caused by an inadequate foundation on ground too soft on one side to properly support the structure's weight. The tilt increased in the decades before the structure was completed, and gradually increased until the structure was stabilized (and the tilt partially corrected) by efforts in the late 20th and early 21st centuries.
Brihadeeswarar Temple of Thanjavur (India)
Brihadeeswarar Temple of Thanjavur, India was Built by emperor Raja Raja Cholan the temple's foundations were laid out in 1002 A.D and completed in 1010 AD The vimanam (or temple tower) is 216 ft (66 m) high and is among the tallest of its kind in the world. The Kumbam (Kalasha or Chikharam, the apex or the bulbous structure on the top) of the temple is carved out of a single rock and it weighs around 80 tons. There is a big statue of Nandi (sacred bull), carved out of a single rock, at the entrance measuring about 16 feet long and 13 feet high. The entire temple structure is made out of granite, the nearest sources of which are close to Tiruchirappalli, about 60 km to the west of Thanjavur.
- My Wonder is "How did they bring to 80 Ton Rock to 216 feet?
- Which kind of technology they used to transport all the granite rocks that much far?
- How did they complete this huge contraction within 8 years?
- Which was the tool they used to calculate this accuracy.
- "Kumbam is in the right top to shivalingam" How can it be perfect around 1000 years?
And the Best question is.......
Which really has the value to be said as one of the world wonders ???
A Building with a worst architecture! Or A Building with amazement!
Image Source :